Been a bit hopeless about keeping the blog up to date lately. Some highlights this week:
- Various arts and crafts – Allie and the kids did painting on Wednesday, and I made myself a hat out of wire and scoubi strings, in preparation for our neighbourhood festival parade in a few weeks' time. I now need to make some papier mache fruit to put on it. Leo's planning a hat with eggs and P's going to have a herby one. I've also been doing more illusion knitting.
- The last capoeira class before the summer break, which was really lovely. The group was small enough for Leo to feel comfortable, and he actually chatted with some of the other boys and joined in their game at the break. Both P. and L. played beautifully with the teacher at the end of the session.
- P's last regular visit to her grandmothers' house before the summer. She came home with lavender to hang up to dry for a scented bag. Leo and I just hung about the house, which is what he likes best.
- Lots of visits to the local park – just A. and the kids on Friday, with some local cousins on Saturday and with some grandparents today. It was lovely to see the grandparents (A's dad and his wife)
- We made ice cream, which turned out to be too rich and egg custard-y for the kids, but we liked it ;-)
- Quite a lot of bits and bobs in the house – colouring, Geomags, dot-to-dots, telling the time, computer games, reading books, a new Horrible Science magazine, lots of chatting…
We're all feeling a bit strange about the end of the school term. It has had a bigger impact on our lives than we were expecting – all our weekly routines are out the window. P. in particular is not good with changes of routine, and has been a bit short tempered.
I'm sure we'll get used to it soon, and it will be nice to be able to see our cousins during the week. To cheer ourselves up in the meantime, we've ordered some Fimo from these people.