While P. was at Woodcraft Folk this evening, talking about refugees and migration, we made a new home for our guinea pigs, following the plans given on www.cavycages.com. It takes up less of our kitchen, and we think they'll be happy there.
Last week included:
- A Christmas card making session on Sunday morning, followed by some energetic playing with cousins.
- Trampolining for both kids on Saturday, followed by a very enjoyable family cinema trip to see Wallace and Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.
- A lovely visit to Allie's dad on Friday. P. wrote a coded message for him to decipher, the kids did experiments with a long cardboard tube, they all played blow football, the cat was duly worshipped, and a lovely lunch consumed.
- P's second week at her Thursday group. No more film making, but some good games and a couple of new people to meet. She came home and downloaded the Pink Panther music from a website, for use in their film.
- Meanwhile, Leo and I made this, inspired by The Big Bang on Discovery Kids. It's a musical instrument – it makes a note when you bang it on the floor – and it actually works.
- The arrival of our Christmas craft supplies box from Baker Ross. We treated ourselves to plenty of black card, gold and silver pens, wooden snowmen, etc, and a few bits for making presents for grandparents too. P. has been making a very lovely advent calendar out of matchboxes.
- Jigsaws and mosaics, courtesy of the library service.
- A zoo in our living room
- A reorganisation of Leo's room, to create a cosy corner in which he can watch videos. He has been using the room more, and inviting P. in for company as well. Tonight, they even played one of the hundreds of board games that gather dust in there!