Some highlights of the last week or so:
- Renewed interest in things Egyptian – at HE group on Monday and again for Leo and me at home today, mummifying salt dough creations with strips of paper soaked in plaster of paris. Leo wants to know why leaving the heart in the body didn't introduce a source of moisture that would muck up the mummification. I'm not sure…
- Leo has been doing quite a lot of writing – he made a newspaper today, bringing the exciting news of an alien encounter on Mars to the inhabitants of his bedroom.
- Playing games – the kids and I had a mammoth Monopoly session on Saturday, everyone's been playing casino, and P. asked me to teach her rummy the other day. P. played Continuo at the grandmothers' house today. We've also all really enjoyed this finger pointing game.
- A really good capoeira class, with both kids achieving some really impressive moves
- Leo and I did this week's Krampf experiment, to make a clever siphon using a plastic bottle and a straw.
- Progress on the knitting frame, after a setback due to nails that kept popping out of the wood as soon as they had been hammered in! We've redesigned and are now back on track with drilling holes and gluing in wooden pegs instead.
We're all a bit fed up with the gloomy grey weather and are gritting our teeth until springtime!