In other news this week:
- We went to London, just the two of us, to see a play at the Drill Hall. The kids went to their cousins' house for a sleepover. It was a fine performance and a good adaptation of a wonderful novel.
- Allie's mum came to Woodcraft Folk to talk to the kids about what the Folk was like when she was in it as a girl, in the 1940s.
- Pearlie got a new swimming costume and now wants to swim at every possible opportunity. Allie took her on Tuesday and is planning to take them both again this Friday.
- We've spent a lot of time in the park – doing the after school thing with cousins on Tuesday and briefly meeting up with some home edders on Wednesday before capoeira.
- P. baked lavender cakes at the grandmothers' house today and I baked bread.
- Leo has put up all the posters from Doctor Who adventures on his bedroom wall and I helped him make a cardboard K9 and Cassandra.
- Allie and Pearl had a look at some geometry sent in the post by my dad, and P's chess game ended in defeat. But they have immediately started a new one, so she can't be too demoralised.
- We have been looking after cousin B's elderly hamster for the week while they are on holiday. Somewhat nervewracking after our recent loss, but he is very sweet. We have also spent a long time trying to entice ants into small pots to populate Leo's new ant farm.