Monday, May 21, 2007

Toute seule a la maison

I’ve had the bizarre experience of being alone in the house for most of the day – everyone else has been on a home ed day trip to France. I’ll let them blog about that tomorrow when they’ve recovered – they all had to get up at 5.30 this morning!

I’ve used the time to repair our ailing laptop – put in a new hard disk, reinstalled all the software, recovered all the files we backed up, etc. All seems to be working so far :-)

We had a very literary weekend. Leo and I went to see Chris Riddell on Saturday. He showed slides of pictures from his sketch books and talked about how he works. A lot of what he said reminded me of how Leo is with his drawing – very interesting.

Allie and Pearlie were in town getting haircuts and new glasses, and we all bumped into each other by chance and had lunch together. As we’d found each other we decided to swap mummies – I took Pearlie to the home ed rollerblading meet while Allie and Leo went home for a rest and a potter.

The kids went to their cousins’ house for Dr. Who and a sleepover and we had a very pleasant evening in.
On Sunday Allie had to work, and the rest of us went to two more author talks – first Jamie Rix, who read several very grizzly tales, then Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell (again!). In between the two, we popped to a nearby Greek taverna for lunch. Both kids bought books and got them signed.

2 comments:

HelenHaricot said...

enjoyed the brief peace and quiet i hope. mmm to greek taverna's

Deb said...

Huh, I should have done some of my home-alone blog in French; my lot were mostly only down the road but one of them's over there...