We’ve had a busy weekend, involving:
- Tennis in the park for Allie and Pearlie
- Weeding and cherry picking in the garden for me and Leo
- A lovely cherry cake
- Breakfast in bed for me and Allie, thanks to Pearlie, who thought it was not right for us to let our anniversary weekend pass without any celebration (lack of funds this year), so secretly bought us each a ‘Guess how much I love you?’ bookmark, made us a card, and cooked us both crumpets on Sunday morning.
- A pleasant picnic in Kensington Gardens, with my parents, my sister and her family. This involved some romping about in the Princess Diana Memorial playground (a little bit too health & safety for my liking, with a bouncer on the door to keep out children with no adults and adults with no children, and other staff patrolling to make sure glass containers were removed safely from the playground),
some picnicking under lovely trees by the pond,
some long-awaited catching up chat for the girls and some mutual lessons in how to be an annoying little brother for the boys.
- Another extended family day at the grandmothers’ allotment. All the kids dug a few potatoes, which we’ve brought home for their tea, then we removed their little trampling feet from the precious ripe crops and took them to run around at the nearby cricket field, where we all picked blackberries.
- The eventual completion of my Penrose tile blanket. Here it is, with a crochet border and everything.