Saturday, August 18, 2007

Ready for the off...

Tomorrow I shall be taking P to meet her Woodcraft group and leaders, and she’ll be off to camp for six days. She’s never been away for so long without one of us and it is especially challenging as we haven’t seen Dani and Leo for six days now. But she is looking forward to it and I think I’ve done all I can to make myself feel that she is really prepared (tissues, phone, box of snacks etc!)

P’s tennis course finished today – certificates aplenty, as predicted! She really enjoyed the last session. There were two tournaments – one for the older kids and one for the younger. Pearlie was especially pleased because she knew the girl who won her tournament – someone she was at school with , more than three years ago! She loved playing but has told me that she doesn’t want to join a tennis club as it would be too competitive. She wants us to play more in the park and ‘get a long rally going’. I’m glad it has been a positive experience for her – you never really know what you’ll get on these sports courses.

This afternoon P went to see her cousin perform in her ‘end of the week’ show. She’s been on a drama course. Apparently she acted in a three minute playlet based on ‘Animal Farm’??!

Anyway, got to get some sleep as we’re up early tomorrow.

3 comments:

Clare said...

Ooh - you just reminded me to get Flopsy signed up for our local Woodcraft Folk - thanks :-)

Beth said...

Hope she has a wonderful time!

'EF' said...

We don't have woodcraft folk here..which I am really sorry about, but we have found a moderate scouting group (there is also a very trad scouting group that we tried and byeeed)that ours go to. The first long trip away (anything more than a night) is certainly a unique experience :)