Saturday, October 13, 2007

Rats and unlikely costumes...

Robin Hood has gone beyond a joke now – the women seem to be wearing outfits from New Look. They’ve clearly been ‘up town’ today – as have we.

Leo was looking for a particular 5 inch Doctor Who figure set, which we couldn’t find anywhere. Pearlie bought a new purse.

We celebrated our ‘everyone day off’ by going to the cinema to see Ratatouille. It was great fun – lots of laughs, in spite of some ridiculous plot elements.

Yesterday included the big, fortnightly home ed group. Leo made a new comic, Pearlie went and bought sweets with friends, and I helped out with a communal sewing project.

I spent an hour on the phone to Sky, during which I spoke to five different people who told me five different things about our installation. I was on the edge of murderous by the time I got a nice Scottish woman who calmed my nerves and told me all was well! I’m a sucker for the soothing tones of a mature woman – especially following a succession of Daves and Clarks and so on, who alternated between scared and clueless and cocky and clueless…

In the evening we took cousins D and S to the swimming pool. The kids all had a great time and cousin D (6) was inspired by seeing the others jumping into the deep end and he did it for the first time ever. The life guard had a couple of anxious moments, including one when she leapt up and grabbed her floatation device – but D was fine! We were right there watching him. He does have quite a ‘sinky’ style of getting about – but that’s because he’s very happy under the water. Leo was doing lots of fetching things from the bottom of the pool – like a little pearl diver! Pearl and cousin S are both great swimmers these days – so they have a good time and we don’t even have to keep an eye on them.

The pool trip made me realise how grown up all the kids are getting. I can remember pool trips with Leo as a toddler and cousin D a babe in arms. Nieces and nephews are wonderful.

Here’s a link to Dani’s new knitting web site – enjoy it!

4 comments:

Pearl said...

ok so she was wearing an elasticated neckline, but its a good programe.

'EF' said...

It gives me great faith in humanity when I get through to a compassionate telephone operator :)

Lisa G said...

We've just been to see Ratatouille as well, thought it was great until the scene towards the end, when the rats cooking in the kitchen made me gag...sometimes animation can be too good.

Gill said...

Oh phew! I thought you had real rats for a minute, when I saw the title! LOL