We’ve been having infuriating internet probs, which were down to Orange, not us. Here’s hoping the computer can actually get to Blogger when I’ve finished this!
It’s been a busy few days. Yesterday nearly wiped me out, for some reason.
Highlights have been:
- Dani and the kids watched an aerial tango on the seafront – sounds good, doesn’t it? Strange, though, because when we did ballroom we were told that the Tango was danced very ‘into the ground’.
- They also went to some open art houses (happens every year as part of festival fringe) and saw beautiful paintings of sky.
- Leo started at the home ed art group (he and P are going alternate weeks) and enjoyed it.
- Pearlie had an enjoyable visit to the grandmothers’ house.
- Doctor Who with giant wasp and Agatha Christie was fab. I liked spotting all the book titles in the dialogue and some of the other word play jokes.
- Pearlie made our full house number and street name out of Lego and stuck it in her window.
- Leo has been Indiana Jones a lot. He is sleeping in his hat, going everywhere with a bit of orange rope and made himself a cardboard holy grail.
Not good bits:
- Having a half hour wait for my bus home from work on Monday night. This was after manic day involving lots of rushing about and ending with the joyful discovery that someone had piled six volumes of the OED under their desk. Decided they’d been using them as a footstool. Work is just SO busy at the mo.
- Leo having a nasty headache today. We are wondering if he has migraine tendencies after a recent headache which involved throwing up. He’d had pasta for lunch and I think he’d had a blood sugar crash during the afternoon.
- Dani and I having to face the sad demise of our two favourite shirts. Both shirts have been in our lives longer than the children! Have I ever mentioned that we’re not very into buying new clothes?
- Ups and downs of busy life with tired people.