Monday, August 11, 2008

Ooops

We had a full-on trip to our beach hut yesterday with five kids (all the Brighton cousins), three adults and big waves. Sadly, I seem to have lost the camera... It is either in the beach hut, or on the beach. Well, actually, of course, it isn’t on the beach now as the tide will have taken it. In which case it could be anywhere between here and France, I guess.

The beach was wonderfully wild. The kids didn’t really paddle as much as run shrieking from the waves. Pearlie would have liked to swim but she felt she needed an adult to go in with her and none of us had swimming gear. I do love to swim in the sea but only on hot days and it certainly wasn’t hot. The air was quite chilly and it rained a bit here and there.

After the kids were all blasted enough by the wind we went along to the play area and paddling pool, where they played sardines and other games. We huddled and drank tea and so on. We kept thinking that it would soon be time to go but actually stayed about five hours or so. Two buses home and the kids were really quite over-excited and tired by then...

We’re entertaining cousin D (6) this week. He’s with us instead of going to a summer playscheme. Somehow I feel the need to call the children and offer to set out all the painting materials.

5 comments:

mamacrow said...

well I'll keep an eye out for it when we're on the beach... sometimes things wash up further down the coast....

Allie said...

Thanks!

Liza said...

oh no, did you lose many photos?

Allie said...

Hiya,
Only ones from that day, which was a shame but not too terrible. I am hoping that the camera might be in the beach hut but I have a horrible memory of shoving in down on the stones when I went to help a child who'd fallen in the surf. Ho hum.

obeerg said...

Hi
I often pop in to read your blog, and we were at Brighton beach and pool on monday - I'd have said Hi if I recognised you!
Didn't see your camera...